Payment SystemsSeptember 29, 2023 at 12:54 PM
Payment Systems tab
The Payment functionality performs automatic debiting of funds from linked cards through integration with payment systems.
Now, it’s possible to set up integration with the Stripe payment system.
Note: ICDC Platform does not store payment card data, payments are processed by the Stripe payment system.
Stripe complies with the Payment Card Industry Security Standard (PCI DSS).
The payment system has been verified by an independent PCI Qualified Security Assessment (QSA) and certified as a PCI Level 1 Service Provider, the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry.
How does Stripe work?
Stripe Payments handles the steps between a customer providing their card information and learning that their payment has been accepted. Here’s how it works:
- First, the customer provides their card information online;
- Those card details enter Stripe’s payment gateway, which encrypts the data;
- Stripe stores payment data for future payments (like subscriptions) and returns payment method ID to ICDC Platform;
- As soon as monthly invoice is ready ICDC Platform initiates new payment with stored payment method ID;
- Stripe sends that data to the acquirer, a bank that will process the transaction on the Operator’s behalf. In this step, Stripe serves as the merchant (with the business owner as a sub-merchant);
- The payment passes through a credit card network, like Visa or Mastercard;
- The issuing bank approves or denies the transaction;
- That signal travels from the issuing bank through the card network to the acquirer (Stripe), which reports the accepted payment via email.
- Once the cardholder’s issuing bank finalizes its approval, you can transfer funds from Stripe into your business bank account.
Usually payments to the operator’s account are made once a week.
- Own Stripe account creation;
- Account verification, upon acceptance of the Stripe terms of service;
- Transfer of the generated Stripe keys to the ICDC Platform support service.
Detailed information about the Stripe payment system can be found on the official website.
Payment Systems tab
Payment System tab displays private and publishable keys from Stripe provided by the Operator to the ICDC Platform support service.