Access to Virtual MachineMarch 2, 2023 at 2:01 PM
Access to Virtual Machine
Table of Contents
There are several ways to access virtual machines. All of them are available from the
Instances block where you can view access options after clicking the screen icon.
Main access type.
The HTML5 console is direct access from the browser and provides access to the virtual server’s display, keyboard, and mouse. The screen resolution displayed in the browser can be set in the operating system.
To gain access to the virtual machines of the service, you need to press
Alternative to the HTML5 console
To connect to a virtual machine using the SPICE or VNC protocols using a locally installed console client, firstly download and install the virt-viewer client.
- For Windows, go to https://virt-manager.org/download/ then download and install the MSI version of virt-viewer
- GNU / Linux:
yum install virt-vieweror
apt-get install virt-viewer
To work with the console, it is necessary that the installed VNC Viewer is associated with files of the .vv format downloaded by clicking on the
Note: The recommended virt-viewer can be replaced by any other VNC Viewer.
Console in the drop-down menu:
Then, after downloading the console, open it. Your console will be ready for use automatically and the console file will be deleted:
Note: Make sure to open the console file within the 2 minutes after download, otherwise, it will expire.
Cockpit is a web-based server management console for Linux developed by Red Hat.
Access via IP
Connecting to a Windows Server
- Start Remote Desktop Connection. This can be done, for example, via
Remote Desktop Connection. Or you can type
Win + Rand enter
- In the window opened you should enter the IP address specified in the email you have received after the service provisioning.
- Then you should enter the user name (usually
Administratoror user name) and the password sent in the email.
- The connection process will start.
Connecting to a Linux Server
- Download an additional PuTTY program.
- Start PuTTY.
- In the window opened enter the IP-address (specified in the email) in the
HostName (or IP Address)field. All other parameters remain with the default values.
- If it is your first start, you will be prompted to add the Host link to the PuTTY cache. You should click
- Then you need to enter the user name
rootand the password specified in the email.
Important! Root access via SSH is forbidden in some distributions, so there are other users in the images suse, rhel -
admin; ubuntu -
- If the previous data were entered correctly, you will see a message indicating that the entry was successful.